[Pacemaker] Gracefully failing reload operation

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 12:58:08 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> is there a way for resource agent to tell pacemaker that in some cases
> reload operation is insufficient to apply new resource definition and
> restart is required?
>
> I tried to return OCF_ERR_GENERIC, but that prevents resource from being
> started until failure-timeout lapses and cluster is rechecked.

I believe if the resource instance attribute that is being updated is
marked as 'unique' by the specific resource's metadata, that pacemaker
will force a start/stop instead of allowing the reload.

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm254549695664

-- David