[Pacemaker] Two node cluster and no hardware device for stonith.

Andrea a.bacchi at codices.com
Wed Jan 21 08:13:46 EST 2015

Hi All,

I have a question about stonith
In my scenarion , I have to create 2 node cluster, but I don't have any
hardware device for stonith. No APC no IPMI ecc, no one of the list returned
by "pcs stonith list"
So, there is an option to do something?
This is my scenario:
- 2 nodes cluster
serverHA1
serverHA2

- Software
Centos 6.6
pacemaker.x86_64  1.1.12-4.el6
cman.x86_64       3.0.12.1-68.el6
corosync.x86_64   1.4.7-1.el6

-NO hardware device for stonith!

- Cluster creation ([ALL] operation done on all nodes, [ONE] operation done
on only one node)
[ALL] systemctl start pcsd.service
[ALL] systemctl enable pcsd.service
[ONE] pcs cluster auth serverHA1 serverHA2
[ALL] echo "CMAN_QUORUM_TIMEOUT=0" >> /etc/sysconfig/cman
[ONE] pcs cluster setup --name MyCluHA serverHA1 serverHA2
[ONE] pcs property set stonith-enabled=false
[ONE] pcs property set no-quorum-policy=ignore
[ONE] pcs resource create ping ocf:pacemaker:ping dampen=5s multiplier=1000
host_list=192.168.56.1 --clone

In my test, when I simulate network failure, split brain occurs, and when
network come back, One node kill the other node
-log on node 1:
Jan 21 11:45:28 corosync [CMAN  ] memb: Sending KILL to node 2

-log on node 2:
Jan 21 11:45:28 corosync [CMAN  ] memb: got KILL for node 2

There is a method to restart pacemaker when network come back instead of
kill it?

Thanks
Andrea