[Pacemaker] Some questions on the currenct state

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Mon Jan 12 10:09:40 EST 2015

Hi all,

almost allways when I'm forced to do some major upgrades
to our core machines in terms of hardware and/or software (OS)
I'm forced to have a look at the current state of pacemaker
based HA. Things are going on and things change. Projects
converge and diverge, tool(s)/chains come and go and
distributions marketing strategies change. Therefor I want
to ask the following question in the hope list members
deeply involved can answer easily.

1) Are there pacemaker packages für RHEL 6.6 and clones?
When yes where?

2) How can I create a pacemaker package 1.1.12 on my own from
the git sources?

3) How can I get the current versions of pcs and/or crmsh?
Is pcs competitive to crmsh meanwhile?

4) Is the pacemaker HA solution of RHEL 7.x still bound to use
of cman?

5) Where can I find a currenct workable version of the agents
for RHEL 6.6 (and clones) and RHEL 7.x?

It would be really nice if someone could give answers or
helpful pointers for answering the questions on my own.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards
Andreas Mock