[Pacemaker] Multiple live cib in one pacemaker

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Thu Feb 19 09:52:33 EST 2015

Adam Błaszczykowski <adam.blaszczykowski at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I am using Pacemaker 1.1.12 together with Corosync 2.4.3 in my cluster
> environment. I have two nodes in cluster that are in different LAN
> locations. It may be situation that nodes will not be able to connect with
> each other because of network failure. In that situation split brain can
> occur if we add new configuration on both nodes but that configuration will
> be different on each node.

Running a single cluster across different LANs with an unreliable
network connection doesn't seem like a situation supported by
Pacemaker. You probably need to look at something like booth [1] to get
this to work reliably.

Booth allows resources to migrate between different clusters, using
tickets and an arbiter in a third location.

[1]: https://github.com/ClusterLabs/booth

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund at suse.com