[Pacemaker] Basic Clone IP configuration not starting automatically

Net Warrior netwarrior863 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:14:22 EST 2015

Hi Michael.

I mean this, when I reboot the server., pacemaker starts automatically but
I do no see the VIP in the eth0, sorry I used the word alias which may have
lead to a confision.

ip addr show
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state
UP qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:21:f6:00:00:25 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 1.1.1.2/16 brd 1.1.255.255 scope global eth0 ( example server
service IP )
    inet 1.1.1.1/16 brd 1.1.255.255 scope global secondary eth0 ( THIS IS
THE VIP) which is not created/configured  automatically.

So I have to start it with
*:/usr/sbin/crm_resource --meta -t primitive -r res_IPaddr2_virtualip -p
target-role -v started*
Or from the LCMC java frontend I have to perform an stop/start.

The output of crm_mon looks like this on both  situations, the resources
are shown as started but the VIP is not brought up
automatically when the servers boots up eventhough pacemaker starts
automatically.

Clone Set: cl_IPaddr2_1 [res_IPaddr2_virtualip] (unique)
     res_IPaddr2_virtualip:0    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started
haproxy02
     res_IPaddr2_virtualip:1    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started
haproxy02

Thanks for your time and support
Regards