[Pacemaker] Two node cluster and no hardware device for stonith.

Andrea a.bacchi at codices.com
Mon Feb 2 06:22:53 EST 2015

Hi,

I tryed a network failure and it works.
During failure, each node try to fence other node.
When network come back, the node with network problem is fenced and reboot.
Moreover, the cman kill(cman) on one node, tipically node1 kill(cman) on
node2, so, I have 2 situations:

1) Network failure on node2
When network come back, node2 is fenced and cman kill (cman) on node2 .
Watchdog script check for key registration, and reboot node2.
After reboot cluster come back with 2 nodes up.

2) Network failure on node1
When network come back, node1 is fenced,  and cman kill(cman) on
node2.(cluster is down!)
Watchdog script check for key registration, and reboot node1.
During reboot cluster is offline because node1 is rebooting and cman on node
2 was killed.
After reboot, node1 is up and fence node2. Now, watchdog reboot node2.
After reboot, cluster come back with 2 nodes up.

The only "problem" is downtime in  situation 2, but it is acceptable for my
context.
I created my fence device with this command:
[ONE]pcs stonith create scsi fence_scsi pcmk_host_list="serverHA1 serverHA2"
pcmk_reboot_action="off" meta provides="unfencing" --force
as described here
https://access.redhat.com/articles/530533

If possible, I will test the fence_vmware (without Wachdog script) and i
will post here my result

thansk to all
Andrea