[Pacemaker] Antwort: Re: fencing with multiple node cluster

philipp.achmueller at arz.at philipp.achmueller at arz.at
Tue Oct 28 12:32:09 EDT 2014

hi,

Von:    Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm>
An:     The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
<pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Datum:  28.10.2014 16:45
Betreff:        Re: [Pacemaker] fencing with multiple node cluster

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/)
>It's also supported in the newly released SLE12.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dejan

hi,

@Digimer. thank you for explaination, but manual failover between sites
isn't what i'm looking for.

@Dejan. Yes, i already tried a cluster(SLES11SP3) with booth setup. i used
documentation from sleha11 SP3.
but i'm afraid it is unclear for me how "fencing" with booth exactly works
in case of some failures (loss-policy=fence). documentation says something
like: ...to speed up recovery process nodes get fenced... do i need
classic node-fencing(IPMI) when i configure booth setup? may you have some
more information about that?

For correct setup, the arbitrator needs an adequate 3th location. site A
and site B need separate connection to site C, otherwise some scenarios
will fail.
any possibilities to get this running with 2 sites?

thank you!

http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf