[Pacemaker] 2 Node Clustering, when primary server goes down(shutdown) the secondary server restarts

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Oct 28 10:25:12 EDT 2014

On 28/10/14 02:24 AM, kamal kishi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I know, no fencing configuration creates issue.
> But the current scenario is due to fencing??

Maybe, maybe not. I can say that *not* having it will make solving the
problem much more difficult. Please get it working, it's pretty easy and
it will make your life a lot easier.

> The syslog isn't revealing much about the same.
> I would love to configure fencing but currently need some solution to
> overcome the current scenario, if you say fencing is the only solution
> then I might have to do it remotely.

It is critical, yes. Please add it, test it and then hook DRBD into it.

> OS -> UBUNTU 12.04 (64 bits)
> DRBD -> 8.3.11

That is quite old. Can you update to 8.3.16? Also, what version is
pacemaker and corosync?