[Pacemaker] IPaddr resource agent on Illumos

Grüninger, Andreas (LGL Extern) Andreas.Grueninger at lgl.bwl.de
Thu Oct 23 12:44:20 EDT 2014

Hi Vincenzo

Add hacluster to the sudoers file with

# visudo

And add

hacluster    ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

at the very end.

And of course use

# sudo ifconfig…

Regards

Andreas

Von: Vincenzo Pii [mailto:piiv at zhaw.ch]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2014 17:51
An: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
Betreff: [Pacemaker] IPaddr resource agent on Illumos

I am trying to run the IPaddr resource agent on an active/passive cluster on Illumos nodes (pacemaker, corosync, crm... built from updated sources).

By reading the example from Saso here http://zfs-create.blogspot.ch/2013/06/building-zfs-storage-appliance-part-1.html, this would seem straightforward and this makes me think that I am doing something wrong :)!

I patched the IPaddr script to use /usr/bin/gnu/sh and to avoid finding a free interface with \" grep "^$NIC:[0-9]" \" as that is just not the case, but now I am stuck at trying to configure the ip address.

This, in the script, is done with ifconfig (something like

    ifconfig e1000g2 inet 10.0.100.4 && ifconfig e1000g2 netmask 255.255.255.0 && ifconfig e1000g2 up

).

However, the script is run by the hacluster user, which cannot write network configuration settings.

To solve this problem, I am now looking at profiles, roles and authorizations, which seems to be a very "user friendly" way to handle permissions in Solaris.

My question is: there is no mention of this in Saso's post, or other discussions (even thought old ones) that I've come across today; am I missing something obvious, or this is just the way it has to be?

This is how I configure the IPaddr prmitive:

# ipadm create-if e1000g2

# crm configure primitive frontend_IP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr params ip="10.0.100.4" cidr_netmask="255.255.255.0" nic="e1000g2"

Many thanks,

Vincenzo.

--

Vincenzo Pii

Researcher, InIT Cloud Computing Lab
Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW)
blog.zhaw.ch/icclab <http://blog.zhaw.ch/icclab>