[Pacemaker] Show all resource properties with crmsh

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 14 05:06:28 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 10:21:35AM +0400, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 12:22:35PM +0400, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> >> Is it possible to display values for all resource properties,
> >> including those set to default values?
> >
> > What do you consider a "property"? Instance attributes or meta
> > attributes? Or both?
>
> I was referring mostly to meta attributes, but having both would be
> quite useful.

Do you have any specific meta attributes in mind? Taking a
cursory look doesn't reveal anything very interesting.

> >                               The defaults for the former live in the RA
> > meta-data and are used only by crmsh (probably some other tools
> > too) to display in brackets when showing the RA info. Note also
> > that the default in the meta-data may not actually match the
> > default used by the RA (it should, but there's no mechanism to
> > make sure).
> >

> Yes, I understand that.
>

> > But why would you want to have this?
> >

> Because otherwise I must somehow find what defaults are and this may
> change from release to release and from vendor to vendor. I simply
> want to make sure I have all necessary information that may influence
> cluster behavior.

We try hard to keep the defaults the same between releases, even
when they're in retrospective considered to be less than optimal.
Otherwise, the existing cluster configurations may fail. But
there's no guarantee.

It would be possible to implement a small utility which would
compare defaults of two RA meta-data. There are also meta-data in
crmd, pengine, cib, and stonithd, representing various global
cluster properties.

As for the resource meta attributes, I'm afraid that one would
need to look them up in pacemaker's include files. I was once
about to have their descriptions available in a more convenient
manner, but got distracted at the time.

Thanks,

Dejan