[Pacemaker] Raid RA Changes to Enable ms configuration -- need some assistance plz.

Errol Neal eneal at businessgrade.com
Mon Oct 13 09:58:04 EDT 2014

Andrew Beekhof <andrew at ...> writes:

> > Here is my full pacemaker config:
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/jw6WTpZz
> >
> > My understanding is that in order for N to start, N+1 must already
be
> > running. So my configuration (to me) reads that the ms_md0 master
> > resource must be started and running before the ms_scst1 resource
will
> > be started (as master) and these services will be force on the same
> > node. Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
>
> I see only one ordering constraint, and thats between dlm_clone and
clvm_clone.
> Colocation != ordering.

Hi Andrew. I'm still learning, so forgive me.
Are you saying I have an ordering issue?
I'm not following.

I also have these two lines:

colocation ms_md0-ms_scst1 inf: ms_scst1:Master ( ms_md0:Master )
colocation ms_md1-ms_scst2 inf: ms_scst2:Master ( ms_md1:Master )

> > When both
> > nodes are up and running, the master roles are not split so I
*think* my
> > configuration is being honored, which leads me to my next issue.
> >
> > In my modified RA, I'm not sure I understand how to promote/demote
> > properly. For example, when I put a node on standby, the remaining
node
> > doesn't get promoted. I'm not sure why, so I'm asking the experts.
> >
> > I'd really appreciate any feedback, advice, etc you folks can give.

This is the real issue IMO. The promotion is not occurring when it
should.