[Pacemaker] runing abitrary script when resource fails

Alex Samad - Yieldbroker Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com
Tue Oct 7 16:07:44 EDT 2014

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Gaillot [mailto:kjgaillo at gleim.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 7 October 2014 7:24 AM
To: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] runing abitrary script when resource fails

On 10/06/2014 06:20 AM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
> Is it possible to do this ?
>
> Or even on any major fail, I would like to send a signal to my zabbix
> server
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

This sort of thing has been discussed before, for example see http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2014-August/022418.html

At Gleim, we use an active monitoring approach -- instead of waiting for a notification, our monitor polls the cluster regularly. In our case, we're using the check_crm nagios plugin available at https://github.com/dnsmichi/icinga-plugins/blob/master/scripts/check_crm. It's a fairly simple Perl script utilizing crm_mon, so you could probably tweak the output to fit something zabbix expects, if there isn't an equivalent for zabbix already.

And of course you can configure zabbix to monitor the services running on the cluster as well.

-- Ken Gaillot <kjgaillo at gleim.com>
Network Operations Center, Gleim Publications