[Pacemaker] pacemaker not started by corosync on ubuntu 14.04

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Mon May 12 03:59:25 EDT 2014

Vladimir,

Vladimir napsal(a):
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to get corosync/pacemaker run on Ubuntu 14.04. In my Ubuntu
> 12.04 setups pacemaker was started by corosync. Actually I thought the

Yes. 12.04 used corosync 1.x with pacemaker plugin.

> "service {...}" section in the corosync.conf is specified for this
> purpose. Of course I could put pacemaker into the runlevel but I asked
> myself if the behaviour was just changed or if I maybe have a mistake in
> my corosync.conf.

Behavior just changed. 14.04 uses corosync 2.x and there are no plugins
(service section).  So pacemaker is no longer started by corosync and
you have to start both corosync and pacemaker (I believe upstart can
handle dependencies, so probably starting only pacemaker is enough).

Regards,
   Honza