[Pacemaker] Pacemaker with vmWare

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Wed May 7 04:53:15 EDT 2014

Am Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2014, 10:27:27 schrieb Wengatz Herbert:
> Hi there!
>
> I have the honour to introduce pacemaker on vmWare Clients at my company.
>
> I have already worked with several other cluster techniques (including Sun
> Cluster, Veritas, Fujitsu Primecluster, old Heartbeat, etc.) Thus I'm
> looking for a sort of "5-Minute-Guide" into using Pacemaker on vmWare
> Clients.
>
> I have already searched a bit and thus my question:
>
> Is the following URL still "valid"? - We plan to use RHEL 6.4 and it
> mentions only RHEL 5.5.
>
> http://albertolarripa.com/2012/04/14/vmware-stonith-for-linux-cluster/
>
> Or is there a better explanation/introduction I should use?
>
> The most interesting part, I guess, is to implement the STONITH-device on
> the ESX-Server. Could you please lead me to the feeding trough?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Herbert Wengatz
> IT / Systemengineering Unix / Netze

Hi,

please find a good introduction here:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html

Once you read that you have to decide what platform you are working on (RHEL,
I see) and what command line tool you want to use (crmsh or pcs). Since I do
not want to start a flame war, I will not comment on the preferences of the
CLIs. You could call me.

Then you read the in depth cluster doc for the pacemaker / corosync version
and CLI you chose. The doc is here:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/

And, of course, there is a very good German book by O'Reilly.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG