[Pacemaker] Location constraints when dealing with multi-site clusters

Christian Ciach dereineda at gmail.com
Mon May 26 08:56:18 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am dealing with a three-node multi-site cluster using pacemaker and
corosync. The third node is a quorum-only node.

The three nodes form a single cluster and are connected using corosync over
the internet (using VPN tunnels). Of cource, using corosync over the
internet and using a third node with the full corosync/pacemaker stack
installed doesn't seem to be the ideal solution.

So I took a look at the booth daemon, which, at first glance, seems like a
better alternative. Unfortunately, because I would have to split my single
cluster into two local ones, I don't see a way to still use location
constraints for my resources. For my use case it is important to always
migrate the master resource based on a calculated score. This works great
with single clusters.

Am I missing something or is this indeed a disadvantage when using booth?

Best regards,
Christian