[Pacemaker] [Question] About control of colocation.(master-slave with primitive)

renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp
Tue May 13 01:14:54 EDT 2014

Hi All,

We assume special resource constitution.
Master of master-slave depends on primitive resource for the constitution.

We performed the setting that Master stopped becoming it in Slave node experimentally.

   location rsc_location-msStateful-1 msPostgresql \
        rule $role="master" 200: #uname eq srv01 \
        rule $role="master" -INFINITY: #uname eq srv02

The Master resource depends on the primitive resource.

   colocation rsc_colocation-master-1 INFINITY: msPostgresql:Master A-master

Step1) Start Slave node.
[root at srv02 ~]# crm_mon -1 -Af
Last updated: Tue May 13 22:28:12 2014
Last change: Tue May 13 22:28:07 2014
Stack: corosync
Current DC: srv02 (3232238190) - partition WITHOUT quorum
Version: 1.1.11-f0f09b8
1 Nodes configured
3 Resources configured

Online: [ srv02 ]

 A-master     (ocf::heartbeat:Dummy): Started srv02
 Master/Slave Set: msPostgresql [pgsql]
     Slaves: [ srv02 ]

Node Attributes:
* Node srv02:
    + master-pgsql                      : 5

Migration summary:
* Node srv02:

Step2) Start Master node.
[root at srv02 ~]# crm_mon -1 -Af
Last updated: Tue May 13 22:33:39 2014
Last change: Tue May 13 22:28:07 2014
Stack: corosync
Current DC: srv02 (3232238190) - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.11-f0f09b8
2 Nodes configured
3 Resources configured

Online: [ srv01 srv02 ]

 A-master     (ocf::heartbeat:Dummy): Started srv02
 Master/Slave Set: msPostgresql [pgsql]
     Masters: [ srv01 ]
     Slaves: [ srv02 ]

Node Attributes:
* Node srv01:
    + master-pgsql                      : 10
* Node srv02:
    + master-pgsql                      : 5

Migration summary:
* Node srv02:
* Node srv01:

 * The Master node that primitive node does not start becomes Master.

We do not want to be promoted to Master in the node that primitive resource does not start.
Is there the setting of colocation and order which are not promoted to Master of the Master node?

 I think that one method includes the next method.
  * I handle it to update an attribute when primitive resource starts.
  * I write an attribute in the condition to be promoted to Master.

In addition, we are often confused about control of colotaion and order.
It is in particular the control between primitive/group resource and clone/master-slave resources.
Will you describe detailed contents in a document?

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.