[Pacemaker] heartbeat keep alive latency questions

Lev G levg21 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 04:49:18 EDT 2014

Hi,

We weren’t able to find the answers to our question in the
link provided.

We’d like to elaborate a bit on what we are looking for:

We have found this link:
https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/27136,the maximum latency
specified there is 2 ms.

In the configuration we have got here (based on CentOS HA
using Pacemaker), the latency we’ve got is 25 ms.

-         Are we supposed to face any
problems with the heartbeat network in our HA (done by Corosync), assuming we
keep the latency to be 25 ms?

-         In case there are any
problems with that, how can we reconfigure the maximum latency, and what value
should it be?

Thanks,

Lev

Am Sonntag, 6. April 2014, 11:29:02 schrieb Lev G:
>>* We use Corosync in CentOS 6.
*>>* There are few questions:
*>>* What is the highest network latency the Corosync can survive with its
*>>* default configuration?
*>>* How is possible to adjust the Corosync latency in high latency network
*>>* infrastructure?
*>> >>* >> Hi,
*>>* >> Can you please advise what the default latency of heartbeat keep alive
*>> >>* packets is?
*>> >>* > For Corosync or Heartbeat?*

>>* > And I'd have thought the latency would be a function of your network
*>> >>* infrastructure, not the software.*

*>> >>* it be done?*

*
> Hi,

> if you want to operate your cluster over unreliable, high-latency link s
(internet) than perhaps you should read this: