[Pacemaker] Enabling pacemaker debug logging while running

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Mon Mar 24 07:55:31 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your answer. I found that blog entry before.

I'm pretty sure I'm too stupid to get my information out
of that blog entry.

You write there:
"[...] If the level of detail in the cluster log file is still insufficient,
or you simply wish to go blind, you can turn on debugging in Corosync/CMAN,
or set PCMK_debug in /etc/sysconfig/pacemaker.[...]".

I did enable the debug option in cman as I described in my
initial post. But it seemed that this option change was only
propagated to corosync but not to pacemaker (and resource
agents). Does this and the reference to PCMK_debug mean that
I can't enable debugging in pacemaker without restart?

Or is the "only" option the backbox feature?

Best regards
Andreas Mock