[Pacemaker] pcs available on debian wheezy?

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Wed Mar 19 10:32:50 EDT 2014

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:17:21 +0100
Vladimir <ml at foomx.de> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> does anybody know if there is pcs already available on debian wheezy?
>
> I first tried to ask on debian-ha-maintainers (subject: crmsh and pcs
> on wheezy) but maybe that's not the right list to address this
> question.
>
> I asked myself if it makes sense to already switch to pcs on wheezy
> (if possible at all).

May I ask why you want to switch from crmsh to pcs? Since I'm still
developing crmsh, I'd be interested in knowing if there's anything
major missing in crmsh that pcs has, so I could fix it ;)

> Is it possible to first use crmsh and later to switch to pcs? Is the
> actual cib the same and crmsh and pcs are only different frontends
> (like cibadmin)?

Yes, the CIB is the same, crmsh and pcs are different client-side only
frontends.

There have been some possible problems reported with mixing use of
crmsh and pcs in the same cluster, such as enabling a resource with one
and disabling it with the other. I haven't been able to reproduce that
so far, but it is something to keep in mind. In general, mixing the two
should work just fine.

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund at suse.com