[Pacemaker] pacemaker RHEL6 with cman

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:18:00 EDT 2014

Am 18.03.2014 um 00:02 schrieb Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net>:

> On 17 Mar 2014, at 11:26 pm, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>

>>> I am in the process of migrating away from the pcmk plugin for corosync and converting to cman.
>>>
>>> So from what I gather its
>>>
>>> Pacemaker -> cman -> corosync
>>>
>>> Can I still configure corosync with /etc/corosync/corosync.conf
>>>
>>> I want to change from multicast to udpu or is there a way to do that from crm or pcs ?
>>>
>>> Alex
>>
>> Hello,
>> is this for targeting the long run or for RHEL 6 itself?
>> I ask because I found that in RH EL 7 beta docs it seems that actually
>> cman is out completely and there is again corosync... ;-)
>
> Even with "cman" you're still using corosync, just in a particular way.
> Essentially cman is just a corosync plugin that exposes a specific API.
>
> By having pacemaker use the cman API on RHEL6 we were able to minimise the support
> overhead (since all the testing they do for rgmanager still applied), which is what
> made it possible for pacemaker to become supported prior to RHEL7.

this may be rational but the question is if the process from the point of the administration
will change in RHEL (dropped cman support??), despite cman's internal use of corosync right now.

Even with the abstraction via pcs - the internals will change. This is
so far import to get the mental model correctly - literally this means
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf vs. /etc/corosync/corosync.conf or do i miss something?

--
LF