[Pacemaker] What is the reason which the node in which failure has not occurred carries out "lost"?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Mar 6 21:43:20 EST 2014

On 26 Feb 2014, at 5:25 pm, yusuke iida <yusk.iida at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Andrew

>> On 20 Feb 2014, at 8:39 pm, yusuke iida <yusk.iida at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Andrew

>>> pid 16243 is crm_mon.
>>
>> That means that the state displayed by crm_mon was > 500 updates behind.
>> At that point, what its displaying is horribly out of date and evicting it seems like a pretty good idea.
>>
>>> In vm01, crm_mon was started and the state was checked.
>>>
>>> If there is information required for analysis to other, I get it.
>>
>> Some idea of what crm_mon is doing would be a good start.
>> Adding a few -V options in addition to --disable-ncurses might be the best approach.
> Run the following command, I get a log of crm_mon.
> crm_mon -VVVV --disable-ncurses >crm_mon.log 2>&1
> I attach it.
>
> BTW,
> I checked operation with the application of the following patches you made.
> https://github.com/beekhof/pacemaker/commit/4002e4ab6a50ceb44e484613f2abd33e490492a7
>
> The load of stonithd fell and queue stopped generating overflow.
> This patch looks very effective.
>
> Is it possible to implement the crm_mon a process similar to this?

I don't understand... crm_mon doesn't look for changes to resources or constraints and it should already be using the new faster diff format.

[/me reads attachment]

Ah, but perhaps I do understand afterall :-)

This is repeated over and over:

  notice: crm_diff_update: 	[cib_diff_notify] Patch aborted: Application of an update diff failed (-206)
  notice: xml_patch_version_check: 	Current num_updates is too high (885 > 67)

That would certainly drive up CPU usage and cause crm_mon to get left behind.
Happily the fix for that should be: https://github.com/beekhof/pacemaker/commit/6c33820