[Pacemaker] Hawk session ends after start or stop action

Tim Serong tserong at suse.com
Wed Mar 5 21:12:52 EST 2014

On 03/05/2014 12:59 AM, Schaefer, Diane E wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
>>>   I am running pacemaker on SLES 11 SP3 and have applied the update
> package released in December.  The hawk level is 0.6.1-0.11.1 and
> lighttpd is 1.4.20-2.52.1 . When I log into hawk using firefox, google
> chrome or IE 9 all with the hacluster userid.  I can view my cluster
> definition, but I cannot perform any actions without my web session
> ending.  The action does get submitted OK.  One of my systems is running
> hawk 0.6.1-0.7.11 and lighttpd-1.4.20-2.46.10  and I don't seem to have
> the issue.
>
>>>This is a bit strange, but it's possible that you are hitting a real bug
> in hawk somewhere.
>
>>>Can you please take this log, and a hb_report from the offending
> cluster, and open a support call? Then we can investigate properly.
>
> I rebooted the system and then my hawk sessions no longer close.  I had
> originally configured my cluster without hawk support and then started
> it via /etc/init.d/hawk start.  I also turned on the chkconfig bit at
> this time.  I suspect not everything that is needed was started before
> my reboot or I’m not starting hawk correctly?  I have many clusters up
> in my test lab,  is there some process to check to see if it’s running
> before I reboot?

This sounds like the sort of problem that could happen if something was
wrong with the session cookie Hawk sets in your browser.  The Hawk
0.6.1-0.11.1 had an update which changed the session key, so it's not
impossible that the login checking was confused by the update, but has
resolved itself since you rebooted the system (and thus hawk was restarted).

If that *was* the problem, just restarting hawk (service hawk restart)
and possibly logging out and back in in your web browser should have
been enough to resolve it.

Regards,

Tim
--