[Pacemaker] cold-start to standby?

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Sat Mar 1 00:35:40 EST 2014

Am Samstag, 1. März 2014, 00:14:25 schrieb Matthew O'Connor:
> Hi,
>
> I have had a few instances recently where circumstances conspired to
> bring my cluster down completely and most non-gracefully (and this was
> in spite of a relatively new 10kVA UPS).  When bringing the nodes back
> online, it would be enormously useful to me if they would go
> automatically into standby when starting from an unknown state; that is,
> when starting up with the realization that no active state exists (since
> all the other nodes are down as well).
>
> Is this possible in any of the current releases?
>
> Thanks!!
> -- Matthew

If at least one node is online you can set the other node standby. If the
second node starts it will get the new cluster config and stay in the standby
state when you start the cluster software.

If all nodes are down you could try to edit the cib.xml file bevire starting
the first node. But beware: That is not recomended and needs a lot of
knowledge of the XML structure of pacemaker.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG