[Pacemaker] How to avoid dual fencing ?

邓尧 torshie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 07:41:16 EDT 2014

I'm configuring a 2-node cluster on CentOS 6 with corosync + pacemaker +
cman. Everything works well except fencing.

I'm using IPMI as the fencing device, I know it's not the best fencing
device, but this is the only option I have.
Manual fencing a node (pcs stonith fence <node>) works well: peer node goes
offline, resources migrate as expected. However, if network traffic between
the two nodes is blocked by iptables, both nodes will try to fence each
other, and both would success, which result in both nodes offline.

How to avoid such problem ?

Thanks
Yao