[Pacemaker] co-location of STONITH resources

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Jun 25 12:59:37 EDT 2014

On 25/06/14 12:45 PM, Riccardo Murri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are using IPMI to fence off nodes in the cluster (yes, we know it's
> a bad idea but we do not yet have proper STONITH HW so we have to
> sitck with it).

IPMI is just fine as a fence method. It's probably the most commonly
used one, actually. The only trick is to understand that IPMI draws its
power from the host, so it will fail if power is entirely lost to the
node. For that, I use stonith topology to order IPMI -> switched PDUs.

http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Fencing_topology

> We would like to co-locate STONITH with a functional ethernet
> interface on the IPMI network (`eth0.617`).  So we have the following
> rules::

Unless I am wrong (and I am not a pacemaker expert), you no longer need
to tell stonith where to run (on pacemaker 1.1.10+, anyway).

--
Digimer
access to education?