[Pacemaker] What is the cman package for ubuntu 13.10

Vijay B os.vbvs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 17:50:46 EDT 2014

Hi,

This is my first time using/trying to setup pacemaker with corosync and I'm
trying to set it up on 2 ubuntu 13.10 VMs. I'm following the instructions
in this link - http://clusterlabs.org/quickstart-ubuntu.html

But when I attempt to install the cman package, I see this error:

user at pmk2:~$ sudo apt-get install cman

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Package cman is not available, but is referred to by another package.

is only available from another source

However the following packages replace it:

  fence-agents:i386 dlm:i386 fence-agents dlm

E: Package 'cman' has no installation candidate

user at pmk2:~$

So it says that the fence-agents replaces the obsolete cman package, but
then I don't know what the new equivalent service for cman is, or what the
config files are. I don't see an /etc/default/cman file, and even if I add
one manually with a single line in it:

QUORUM_TIMEOUT=0 (for a two node cluster)

it doesn't seem to be used anywhere. Also, since there is no cman service
as such, this is what happens:

user at pmk2:~$ sudo service cman status

cman: unrecognized service

user at pmk2:~$

If I try to ignore the above error and simply attempt to start up the
pacemaker service, I see this:

user at pmk2:~$ sudo crm status

Could not establish cib_ro connection: Connection refused (111)

Connection to cluster failed: Transport endpoint is not connected
user at pmk2:~$

Same with the crm commands:

user at pmk2:~$ crm configure property stonith=enabled=false

ERROR: running cibadmin -Ql: Could not establish cib_rw connection:
Connection refused (111)

Signon to CIB failed: Transport endpoint is not connected

Init failed, could not perform requested operations

ERROR: No CIB!

user at pmk2:~$

It would be great if someone could help me out with the setup (additional
explanation/info would be awesome) or point me to instructions for Ubuntu
13.10..

Thanks!

Regards,

Vijay