[Pacemaker] Upstart support in cluster-glue 1.0.11 and pacemaker 1.1.11

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Thu Jun 5 10:47:18 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm working on backporting the latest cluster-glue (1.0.11), pacemaker (1.1.11), corosync, and related packages to Ubuntu 12.04:
https://launchpad.net/~xespackages/+archive/clustertesting

I've installed these packages and started testing, however I seem to be unable to add an upstart resource agent:
crm(live)configure# primitive p_daemon_smbd upstart:smbd
ERROR: 9: upstart:smbd: could not parse meta-data:
ERROR: 9: upstart:smbd: no such resource agent

The upstart resource agent appears to exist:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 18264 Apr 18 10:31 /usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/RAExec/upstart.so

However it does not show up in the list of classes:
# crm ra classes
lsb
ocf / heartbeat linbit pacemaker redhat
service
stonith

What am I missing? What do I need to do to be able to utilize the upstart resource agent?

Thanks,

Andrew