[Pacemaker] Stopping resource using pcs

Frank Brendel frank.brendel at eurolog.com
Mon Feb 24 07:33:52 EST 2014

Hi Kiran,

the man page says (or use 'pcs resource help')

disable <resource id> [--wait[=n]]
         Attempt to stop the resource if it is running and forbid the
cluster
         from starting it again.  Depending on the rest of the configuration
         (constraints, options, failures, etc), the resource may remain
         started.  If --wait is specified, pcs will wait up to 30
seconds (or
         'n' seconds) for the resource to stop and then return 0 if the
         resource is stopped or 1 if the resource has not stopped.

A simple 'pcs resource disable MyResource' should work.

Frank