[Pacemaker] possible regex error in "pcs resource enable/disable"

Bob Haxo bhaxo at sgi.com
Thu Feb 20 10:56:42 EST 2014

Andrew,

I think that this is what you identified:

This error appears to be related to the two instances of <meta_attributes> with
libvirtd-clone, both which contain a name="target-role" value="Stopped".
Deleted one of these entries and the error did not occur.

     <clone id="libvirtd-clone">
        <primitive class="lsb" id="libvirtd" type="libvirtd">
          <operations>
            <op id="libvirtd-monitor-interval-15" interval="15" name="monitor" start-delay="15" timeout="15"/>
            <op id="libvirtd-start-interval-0" interval="0" name="start" on-fail="restart" timeout="15"/>
            <op id="libvirtd-stop-interval-0" interval="0" name="stop" on-fail="ignore" timeout="15"/>
          </operations>
          <meta_attributes id="libvirtd-meta_attributes"/>
        </primitive>
        <meta_attributes id="libvirtd-clone-meta">
          <nvpair id="libvirtd-interleave" name="interleave" value="true"/>
          <nvpair id="libvirtd-ordered" name="ordered" value="true"/>
          <nvpair id="libvirtd-clone-meta-target-role" name="target-role" value="Stopped"/>
        </meta_attributes>
        <meta_attributes id="libvirtd-clone-meta_attributes">
          <nvpair id="libvirtd-clone-meta_attributes-target-role" name="target-role" value="Stopped"/>
        </meta_attributes>
      </clone>

I do occasionally use a crmsh command, mostly the "crm resource cleanup <resource>" ...
the pcs version of this seems to never cleanup the remote system entries.  I classify
this as a bug that I have not reported.

So, yes, how the duplicate entry got there is probably the crux of the issue.  And
I have no answer.  I have not used crmsh to create resources (the creates are
scripted using pcs cmds).  Perhaps I used a "crm stop"  rather than a "pcs disable".

Regardless, even if RH is not going to support crmsh, at least RH needs to be sensitive
to the use of crmsh with their PCS Pacemaker implementation.

I'll test/investigate the "crm stop" and see whether this creates the additional entry.

Cheers,
Bob Haxo