[Pacemaker] Multicast pitfalls? corosync [TOTEM ] Retransmit List:

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Feb 13 13:37:39 EST 2014

On 13/02/14 12:01 PM, Beo Banks wrote:
> hi thanks...for your help.
> i have two node cluster
> both node are running on seperate hosts.
> the 2x hosts have 2 nic's ....eth0 is 172.XXX...whatever and eth1 is
> direct connection (crossover cable) between the hosts.
> the issue must be my kvm host,or?

What kind of bridging are you using? Standard NAT'ed virbr0 bridges? If
so, can you/have you tried using traditional bridging? That should turn
the bridge into more of a traditional switch instead of relying on
packet routing... I've had no trouble with VM clusters, but I only ever
tested with both VMs on the same host.

Here's how I build my bridges:

https://alteeve.ca/w/AN!Cluster_Tutorial_2#Configuring_our_Bridge.2C_Bonds_and_Interfaces

Of course, you could create a stand-alone bridge and use brctl to attach
the real interface instead of modifying the network config, if you just
want to test. Once the bridge is built, simple adjust the VM's config to
use the new bridge. If that works well, then you could consider a more
permanent config.

--
Digimer
access to education?