[Pacemaker] node1 fencing itself after node2 being fenced

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Mon Feb 10 22:43:37 EST 2014

10.02.2014 18:54, Asgaroth wrote:

> [...]

Nope, it's Centos6. In few words, It is probably safer for you to stay
with cman, especially if you need GFS2. gfs_controld is not officially
ported to corosync2 and is obsolete in EL7 because communication between
gfs2 and dlm is moved to kernelspace there.

> Anyways you probably want to run clvmd with debugging enabled.
> iirc you have two choices here, either you'd need to stop running instance
> first and then run it in the console with -f -d1, or run clvmd -C -d2 to ask
> all running instances to start debug logging to syslog.
> I prefer first one, because modern syslogs do rate-limiting.
> And, you'd need to run lvm commands with debugging enabled too.
>
> Thanks for this tip, I have modified clvmd to run in debug mode ("clvmd -T60
> -d 2 -I cman") and I notice that on node2 reboot, I don't see any logs for
> clvmd actually attempting to start, so it appears there is something wrong
> here with clvmd. However, I did try to manually stop/start clvmd on node2

You need to fix that for sure.

> after a reboot and these were the error logs reported:
>
> Feb 10 12:37:08 test02 kernel: dlm: connecting to 1 sctp association 2
> Feb 10 12:38:00 test02 kernel: dlm: Using SCTP for communications
> Feb 10 12:38:00 test02 clvmd[2118]: Unable to create DLM lockspace for CLVM:
> Address already in use
> Feb 10 12:38:00 test02 kernel: dlm: Can't bind to port 21064 addr number 1
> Feb 10 12:38:00 test02 kernel: dlm: cannot start dlm lowcomms -98
> Feb 10 12:39:37 test02 kernel: dlm: Using SCTP for communications

Strange message, looks like something is bound to that port already.
You may want to try dlm in tcp mode btw.