[Pacemaker] resource is too active problem in a 2-node cluster

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Feb 10 21:43:52 EST 2014

On 10/02/14 09:13 PM, Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
> I have a 2 node cluster with no-quorum-policy=ignore. I call these nodes as node-0 and node-1. In addition, I have two cluster resources in a group; an IP-address and an OCF script.

Turning off quorum on a 2-node cluster is fine, in fact, it's required.
However, that makes stonith all the more important. Without stonith, in
any cluster but in particualr on two node clusters, things will not work
right.

First and foremost; Configure stonith and test to make sure it works.

>     Pacemaker version: 1.1.10
>     Corosync version: 1-4.1-15
>     OS: CentOS 6.4

With CentOS/RHEL 6, you need cman as well. Please be sure to also
configure fence_pcmk in cluster.conf to "hook" it into pacemaker's real
fencing.

> What am I doing wrong?
<snip>
>          <nvpair id="cib-bootstrap-options-stonith-enabled" name="stonith-enabled" value="false"/>

That. :)

Once you have stonith working, see if the problem remains.

--
Digimer
access to education?