[Pacemaker] nfsv4 grace period

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Sun Feb 9 02:33:54 EST 2014

Am Sonntag, 9. Februar 2014, 02:56:55 schrieb Dennis Jacobfeuerborn:
> Hi,
> i have setup a nfsv3 HA cluster before and that works fine but now I'm
> trying to move to v4 and run into problems with the lease grace period.
> The grace period on CentOS 6 is 90 seconds and that limits how quickly
> the fail-over can happen. The file /etc/sysconfig/nfs contains a
> variable NFSD_V4_GRACE to control this but it doesn't get applied. The
> reason is that the file /proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4gracetime is not writable:
>
> [root at nfs1 init.d]# echo 10 > /proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4gracetime
> -bash: echo: write error: Device or resource busy

You can write the paramerter only after the nfsd kernel module is loaded. As
far as I can remember the init script sets the leasetime according to the
config. You have to add a config option and patch your init script to set the
gracetime at the same point in the script.

> Does anyone know what the proper way is to reduce this value?

In RHEL 6.5 it is a option in the config file.

> Also the documentation for the "wait_for_leasetime_on_stop" parameter
> for the exportfs resource says this: "Note that when this parameter is
> set, your stop timeout MUST accommodate for the wait period."
>
> Does that mean that I should add 'op stop timeout="15s"' to the resource
> if the grace time is 10s or would that be too short?

Yes. Stopping the resource, of course, will last at least the leasetime. So
your cluster hast to wait when stopping.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--