[Pacemaker] Resource Agents in OpenVZ containers

Tomasz Kontusz tomasz.kontusz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 13:40:03 EST 2014

Hi
I'm setting up a cluster which will use OpenVZ containers for separating
resource's environments.
So far I see it like this:
  * each node runs Pacemaker
  * each container runs pacemaker_remote, and one kind of resource (but
there might be multiple containers providing the same resource)
  * containers are started with VirtualDomain agent (I had to patch it a
bit to work around libvirt/OpenVZ issue),
    each container resource is node-specific (and constrained to only
run on the right node)

The problem I have is with running pgsql database with virtual IP in
such setup.
I want to have IPaddr2 resource started on the node that holds container
with current pgsql master.
How can I go about achieving something like that?
Is the idea of using pacemaker_remote in such setup sensible?

--
Tomasz Kontusz