[Pacemaker] cib: ERROR: send_ais_message: Not connected to AIS

marco at nucleus.it marco at nucleus.it
Mon Apr 7 06:46:19 EDT 2014

Hi,
in a production environment with 2 nodes ( nodeA , nodeB ) we had an
hardware failure so we restart the nodeB.
After the restarted nodeB came up we restart corosync/pacemaker on it
but for 2 days till now che corosync/pacemaker stuff is looping.

crm_mon NodeA:

Stack: openais
Current DC: nodeA - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.10-da7075976b5ff0bee71074385f8fd02f296ec8a3
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
17 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ nodeA ]
OFFLINE: [ nodeB ]

crm_mon NodeB:

Stack: openais
Current DC: NONE
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
17 Resources configured.
============

OFFLINE: [ nodeA nodeB ]

This loop on nodeB reports:
crmd: [7149]: debug: do_election_count_vote: Election 3 (owner: nodeA)
lost: vote from nodeA (Age)

So investigating around i found these message on nodeA:
cib: [28755]: ERROR: send_ais_message: Not connected to AIS

now this message is repeating for every operation.
Is it a corosync problem or a cib/pacemaker one ?
Any suggestion on what is happened ?
And why the start of a cluster node crasched the DC suff ? :(

Bye Marco