[Pacemaker] howto group resources without having an order

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Tue Nov 26 04:49:05 EST 2013

On 2013-11-26T09:19:36, "Bauer, Stefan (IZLBW Extern)" <Stefan.Bauer at iz.bwl.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thank you for your input - unfortunately i want to go another path if possible to not not have to change more parts of my configuration:
>
> I have setup so far:
>
> group cluster1 p_eth0 p_conntrackd
> location groupwithping cluster1 \
> rule "id="groupwithping-rule" pingd: defined pingd
> colocation cluster inf: p_eth0 p_conntrackd

This colocation is redundant, since the group already implies it.

> Now I cannot simply add p_openvpn1 + openvpn2 to the above colocation because then the order is active. Why is colocation even taking care of the order of the resources?!
>
> If I change it to:
>
> Colocation cluster inf: p_eth0 p_conntrackd p_openvpn1 p_openvpn2 - I cannot start openvpn2 without having openvpn1 up.
> This is not what I want.

True. That's not what you want. Also, your colocations are the wrong way
around (you want to place p_conntrackd where p_eth0 is, not the other
way around). The easiest way is to split them into separate colocations:

colocation c-1 inf: p_openvpn1 cluster1
colocation c-2 inf: p_openvpn2 cluster1

Regards,
    Lars