[Pacemaker] Need to relax corosync due to backup of VM through snapshot

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sun Nov 24 10:47:45 EST 2013

On 11/21/2013 06:26 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
>> On 2013-11-20T16:58:01, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Based on docs  I thought that the timeout should be
>>>
>>> token x token_retransmits_before_loss_const
>> No, the comments in the corosync.conf.example and man corosync.conf
>> should be pretty clear, I hope. Can you recommend which phrasing we
>> should improve?
> I have not understood exact relationship between token and
> token_retransmits_before_loss_const.
> When one comes into play and when the other one...
> So perhaps the second one could be given more details.
> Or some web links

The token retransmit is a timer that is started each time a token is
transmitted.  This is the maximum timer that exists - it is not token *
retransmits_before_loss_const.

The retrans_before_loss_const says "please transmit a replacement token
x many times in the token period".  Since the token is UDP, it could be
lost in network overflow situations or other scenarios.

Using a real-world example
token: 10000
retrans_before_loss_const: 10

token will be retransmitted roughly every 1000 msec and the token will
be determined lost after 10000msec.

Regards
-steve