[Pacemaker] some questions about STONITH

Andrey Groshev greenx at yandex.ru
Wed Nov 20 00:45:54 EST 2013

19.11.2013, 23:17, "Lars Marowsky-Bree" <lmb at suse.com>:
> On 2013-11-19T23:06:04, Andrey Groshev <greenx at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>>>  First, like digimer wrote, clearly stonith-by-ssh is useless for
>>>  production since you can't fence nodes that are having problems. But for
>>>  testing, it's worth a try.
>>  Maybe I do not quite understand correctly the term "fence"
>
> A "fence" request is executed when a node is deemed to be in an
> untrustworthy state - when a stop has failed, or when a network error
> occurs. Note that in the last case, login via ssh is obviously no longer
> possible at all.

In last case the node conditional fenced. )
As I understand it, under the "fence" all you mean "power off" node or disconnect it from a network. Yes?

> With the new fence-topology, you could try ssh first before escalating
> to a real fencing mechanism, but why bother?
>
>>>  Note that cluster-glue actually does include an external/ssh script.
>>>  You're reinventing the wheel ;-)
>>  I've seen your script, thanks for the example
>>  But my wheels are hard! :)
>>  I need authorization by key, but but I do not want to mix them with /root/.ssh/...
>
> Why not extend the existing agent rather than writing your own?
In Your code is very much tied to the host list.
I was not sure what quickly realizing my idea based on your code.
I certainly share my code if it will turn out something worthwhile and I'm not ashamed to show it. :)

>>  I am indifferent what server reboot if the key matches.
>>  I exactly know that the server was rebooted.
>
> I'm not sure about the first sentence; clearly you care which server is
> rebooted, namely the one the cluster wants to have rebooted (or powered
> off), right? That must be a misunderstanding.

That's right!
In my case - each cluster has a unique private key.
This key only for nodes in this cluster.
Hence, I do not check: exist node, a member node.
IMHO, the main task STONITH - shoot.
He shoots fine.
If he could not do this - it will return an error.
But he will try "reboot" the target even if it's a server of NSA.  ;-)