[Pacemaker] some questions about STONITH

Andrey Groshev greenx at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 19 14:06:04 EST 2013

19.11.2013, 22:30, "Lars Marowsky-Bree" <lmb at suse.com>:
> On 2013-11-19T22:10:29, Andrey Groshev <greenx at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> First, like digimer wrote, clearly stonith-by-ssh is useless for
> production since you can't fence nodes that are having problems. But for
> testing, it's worth a try.

Maybe I do not quite understand correctly the term "fence"
If I want I can restart the server with the software profile, which will turn off all services except SSH.

> Note that cluster-glue actually does include an external/ssh script.
> You're reinventing the wheel ;-)

I've seen your script, thanks for the example
But my wheels are hard! :)
I need authorization by key, but but I do not want to mix them with /root/.ssh/...
I am indifferent what server reboot if the key matches.
I exactly know that the server was rebooted.

>>  Make next test:
>>  #stonith_admin --reboot=dev-cluster2-node2
>>  Node reboot, but resource don't start.
>>  In crm_mon status - Node dev-cluster2-node2 (172793105): pending.
>>  And it will be hung.
>
> That is *probably* a race - the node reboots too fast, or still
> communicates for a bit after the fence has supposedly completed (if it's
> not a reboot -nf, but a mere reboot). We have had problems here in the
> past.
>
> You may want to file a proper bug report with crm_report included, and
> preferably corosync/pacemaker debugging enabled.

I'll try to do it in the morning.