[Pacemaker] SBD fencing with stonith disabled

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Tue Nov 19 05:34:03 EST 2013

On 2013-11-19T11:25:36, "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo at um.es> wrote:

> >>property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
> >>         dc-version="1.1.6-9971ebba4494012a93c03b40a2c58ec0eb60f50c" \
> >Wow, that's quite old.
> 	It's pacemaker provided by ubuntu 12.04.

Yeah, well. Still old. Probably something to complain to about to the
distribution maintainers.

> 	My cluster's nodes are in vmware vsphere virtual machines. Could I use
> another stonith device, like external/vcenter? Is there any recommendation
> about it?

Yes, you should also be able to use that.

> >You may want to consider using the -P option to enable pacemaker
> >integration though; that could also make things better.
> 	Is this a sbd's option? I can't see that options (or it is undocumented):

Probably the sbd version on Ubuntu 12.04 is too old as well. You can see
the uptodate documentation for sbd here:
https://github.com/l-mb/sbd/blob/master/man/sbd.8.pod

That can protect against temporary storage issues if the cluster is
otherwise healthy.

> 	Yes, I know it. I had stonith disabled (but sbd was running) because I'm
> having latency problems with my fiber channel disks, so I wanted to debug
> them without unnecessary reboots.

Newer sbd versions also improve the IO handling through a more
complicated implementation of async IO. That can help with FC and
MPIO.

Regards,
    Lars

--