[Pacemaker] Finally. A REAL question.

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:30:42 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> On 19 Nov 2013, at 6:00 am, Rob Thomas <xrobau at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So... What's the -right- way to do it then? 8)
>
>       <rsc_colocation id="pcs_rsc_colocation">
>         <resource_set id="pcs_rsc_set">
>           <resource_ref id="httpd"/>
>           <resource_ref id="asterisk"/>
>         </resource_set>
>       </rsc_colocation>
>
> is almost right, but misses score=INFINITY in the rsc_colocation tag.

Ah. And that would have been why it didn't shut down httpd. When I
tried that, I wasn't looking at the raw XML to see what pcs was
actually doing.

> Note that this is very different to the command I asked you about:
>
>    pcs constraint colocation add asterisk with httpd
>
> Which creates something more like:
>
>    <rsc_colocation id="pcs_rsc_colocation" rsc="asterisk" with-rsc="httpd" score="INFINITY"/>

Yep. I replied to that earlier.

--snip--
Yep. It ends up with asterisk stopped, and httpd happily running on -a
(and it won't start, because the colocation docs say 'if z is not
running, y won't start', so that makes sense)

 Resource Group: httpd
     httpd_fs   (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started freepbx-a
     httpd_ip   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started freepbx-a
     httpd_service      (ocf::heartbeat:apache):        Started freepbx-a
 Resource Group: asterisk
     asterisk_fs        (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Stopped
     asterisk_ip        (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Stopped
     asterisk_service   (ocf::heartbeat:freepbx):       Stopped

Failed actions:
    asterisk_service_monitor_30000 on freepbx-a 'not running' (7):
call=2217, status=complete, last-rc-change='Mon Nov 18 14:05:08 2013',
queued=0ms, exec=0ms

I've been browsing through the cluster.log, and it's not even trying
to move httpd.  I'm almost certain that it used to work fine with
resource sets. Hmm.
--snip--

After I posted that, I then went and had an actual look at a working
cluster, and realised exactly how I was doing it, and posted the next
message.

I'll have a try with the setoptions and see if that works. Thanks!

--Rob