[Pacemaker] configuration files of cluster

Florian Crouzat gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Mon Nov 18 10:14:26 EST 2013

Le 18/11/2013 15:58, Dvorak Andreas a écrit :
> Dear all
>
> Now I finished the configuation of my  first pacemaker cluster and would
> like to backup configuration files.
>
> But I do not find any.

The configuration and cluster state are shared accros the cluster nodes
and physically stored in an XML file called a CIB (Cluster Information
Base).
At a given time, the CIB stores the exact state of the cluster (with
scores, roles, & such)

> Can you please help me needs to put in  a backup?
>
> With pca config I get a nice output, but I would like to have that in
> one or more files.

Assuming you just want to save your starting configuration and not the
state of the cluster or anything complex, saving the output of "pcs
config" is alright, and can be easily restored. But you could also
create "shadow cibs" and restart from them (~ save points).

In any case, I'd say, do not touch the XML files.

> My cluster installation
>
> Pacemaker 1.1.8
>
> cman 3.0.12.1
>
> pcs 0.9.26