[Pacemaker] quorum lost, Multiple primaries not allowed by config

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Nov 11 11:41:39 EST 2013

On 11/11/13 11:35, Mistina Michal wrote:
> Hi Digimer,
> Thank you for the reply.
> I know the stonith is crutial for avoiding split-brain situations. However I
> don't have this option, because I am running servers on the ESX as virtual
> machines. There is only one option - using stonith agent fence_vmware_soap.
> But the connection from vmware machines to the ESX management is blocked in
> our environment.
> I'd like to know if the drbd failed because it was searching for stonith
> device which it can use for fence the other node. Or is it something else,
> some other source of this behaviour, what can be seen from the logs?
>
> Best regards,
> Michal Mistina

It may or may not be related. Without fencing, you are operating in an
undefined configuration.

You really, really must sort out the fencing. I would argue that,
without fencing, you are better off without clustering. An HA cluster
should make your environment safer than before and, without fencing, I
would argue that you have made it less safe.

--
Digimer
access to education?