[Pacemaker] Finally. A REAL question.

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 20:43:05 EST 2013

Previously, using crm, it was reasonably painless to ensure that
resource groups ran on the same node.

I'm having difficulties figuring out what the 'right' way to do this is with pcs

Specifically, I want the 'asterisk' group to run on the same node as
the 'httpd' group.

Basically, this should never happen:

 pcs status
Cluster name: freepbx-ha
Last updated: Mon Nov 18 11:38:27 2013
Last change: Mon Nov 18 11:30:44 2013 via cibadmin on freepbx-a
Stack: cman
Current DC: freepbx-a - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.10-1.el6_4.4-368c726
2 Nodes configured
16 Resources configured

Online: [ freepbx-a freepbx-b ]

Full list of resources:

 floating_ip    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started freepbx-b
 Master/Slave Set: ms-asterisk [drbd_asterisk]
     Masters: [ freepbx-b ]
     Slaves: [ freepbx-a ]
 Master/Slave Set: ms-mysql [drbd_mysql]
     Masters: [ freepbx-a ]
     Slaves: [ freepbx-b ]
 Master/Slave Set: ms-httpd [drbd_httpd]
     Masters: [ freepbx-a ]
     Slaves: [ freepbx-b ]
 Resource Group: mysql
     mysql_fs   (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started freepbx-a
     mysql_ip   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started freepbx-a
     mysql_service      (ocf::heartbeat:mysql): Started freepbx-a
 Resource Group: asterisk
     asterisk_fs        (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started freepbx-b
     asterisk_ip        (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started freepbx-b
     asterisk_service   (ocf::heartbeat:freepbx):       Started freepbx-b
 Resource Group: httpd
     httpd_fs   (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started freepbx-a
     httpd_ip   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started freepbx-a
     httpd_service      (ocf::heartbeat:apache):        Started freepbx-a

Note that asterisk and httpd are running on different nodes, after I
caused asterisk to fail across (by shutting it down)

What I want to happen is that when asterisk fails (or httpd), the
cluster should shut down the other non failing resource, and move it

I can do this by making a single resource group that contains both the
asterisk_ and httpd_ resources, but, it seems untidy to me.

I've tried a colocation set, which does let you add groups, but it
doesn't seem to do what I'm after.

Attached is the dump of my current config.

Any advice or help would be appreciated!

(Currently on CentOS 6.4, with pacemaker 1.1.10, and pcs 0.9.90)

--Rob