[Pacemaker] Multi-site configuration for PGSQL RA

Richard Colley rcolley at cardaccess.com.au
Fri Nov 1 00:23:41 EDT 2013

I have just setup a postgres 9.3 cluster using the pgsql ra.  It's all
working now (despite much hair pulling to start with :).

I would like to extend this to multiple sites.

I've decided not to try and have a single cluster across the WAN.  Instead,
I have 2 independent clusters.

I thought to use a ticket to transition a cluster between the "active" &
"passive" state.  Creating the ticket & creating a ticket constraint was
easy enough.

But now I need to do something with each site's cluster when this change
occurs.  In particular, I need to make sure all postgres instances in the
passive site are in slave mode and replicate from the vip of the promoted
site.  The active site will just use the standard pgsql RA behaviour.

Has anyone done anything like this before?

If not, I might try and update the pgsql ra with this capability.  Any
advice?  I note that the mysql ra has this capability, so I might refer to
it's implementation.

Thanks,
Richard