[Pacemaker] RHEL/CentOS 6.4: corosync -> CMAN migration

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Mar 17 21:05:21 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM, David Coulson <david at davidcoulson.net> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2013, at 7:32 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>

>> In fact prior to 6.4, Pacemaker only had Tech Preview status - using
>> the CMAN plugin instead of our home grown one was key to that
>> changing.
>
> Is Pacemaker not tech preview in 6.4 anymore? What is the support status of Pacemaker on 6.4?
>
> RedHat support just told me today Pacemaker is tech preview on 6.4. :-)

I heard you've been chatting to them :)

The short answer is "sort of".
The longer answer is: it depends how you deploy it and what resources
you're running - or if the bug you're hitting could conceivably be
made relevant to the "supported configuration" (which means I have an
excuse to do an update).

I've been pestering people to get this announced officially.
A fair bit of work went into getting it ready so its quite annoying
that they're doing their best to shoot themselves in the foot by
keeping it a secret.