[Pacemaker] standby attribute and same resources running at the same time

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:29:42 EDT 2013

Am 04.03.2013 um 18:20 schrieb Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>:
> okay - recap:
>
> 1st. i have this delay where the two nodes dont see each
> other (after rebooting) and the result are resources running on both
> nodes while they should only run on one node - this will be corrected
> by the cluster it self but this situation should not happen.
>
> 2nd. the standby attribute (and there must be a reason why redhat
> added this) will prevent to migrate resources to that node. How
> do i delete this attribute?

well - i am still frustrated :-)

Some testing here shows following behaviour:

if i boot my two nodes and start cman only (messaging) the cluster comes up.
Testing now: if i do a hard shutdown on node2 - node1 begins to "fence" the
node2 because this is a test environment i do a fence_ack_manual and boot the
node2 again. after starting cman again node2 joins immediately the cluster.
thats all without pacemaker.

if i do the same with cman+pacemaker running and resources started, the second
node will not join the cluster after rebooting it.

so far for today

--
LF