[Pacemaker] mysql/drbd on wheezy active/passive setup issues

christopher barry cbarry at rjmetrics.com
Thu Mar 14 12:21:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

I get this when I run ocf-tester:

ocf-tester -n p_mysql /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/mysql
Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/mysql...
/usr/sbin/ocf-tester: 214: /usr/sbin/ocf-tester: xmllint: not found
* rc=127: Your agent produces meta-data which does not conform to
ra-api-1.dtd
* rc=1: Demoting a start resource should not fail
* rc=1: Promote failed
* rc=1: Demote failed
mysql[6876]: ERROR: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
mysql[6876]: ERROR: Failed to set read-only
Aborting tests

I'm not even sure I'm running that tester correctly.

Q: why does the agent get shipped if the metadata is incorrect? Or is
that just a warning?

Oddly, I can login as root to mysql without issue, both with and without
a password, so that error appears to be a red herring.

I had a look at the resource script:
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/mysql

I noticed it had defaults if nothing was set. I changed the socket
location in the default to match debian's default, removed the instance
attributes from my CIB so it would use defaults, and I get the same
outcome.

How can I get actual error output so I can debug this? I'm sure the
issue is trivial, but I just can't see what the issue is! There has to
be a better way to troubleshoot/debug this kind of thing.

The info in the corosync.log is just not very helpful for me.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Regards,
Christopher