[Pacemaker] Cluster tools &

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Mar 13 19:18:58 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM, matonb <matonb at ltresources.co.uk> wrote:
> Andrew Beekhof <andrew at ...> writes:

>> > disappearance
> annoyance
>> > group
>> >
>> > The 6.3 RPMS came from the CentOS base repository, any user that was a
> member
>> > of the haclient group could execute and connect to the cluster using
> commands
>> > such as crm_mon (the most frequently used).
>>
>> Ah, thats not the ACLs Lars was talking about.
>> What you're talking about should still work, nothing should have
>> changed in that area between 6.3 and 6.4.
>> I will investigate.
>
>   Thanks :-)

Ah.  Hmmm, well this is embarrassing.
6.4 uses a different IPC system than 6.3 and in the conversion we
unintentionally lost the ability to do what you're attempting.
It seems you're the first person to notice in the year since we
switched upstream :-(

I'm going to set about fixing this now but I'm not yet sure if I'll be
able to get the fix into 6.4.
In the meantime, adding people to the root group (yes, I'm aware how
horrible that is) would return the capability in some form.

Once I have restored the capability, I'll post updated RHEL RPMs to
clusterlabs.org/rpm-next