[Pacemaker] Writing RAs - Parameters per node

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Mar 13 14:59:54 EDT 2013

On 2013-03-13T19:38:57, Riccardo Bicelli <r.bicelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> does anyone know if it is possible to have, in CIB declaration, a set of
> parameters with different value per node?

Yes.

> For example, I have an RA which is dealing with SCSI target on infiniband
> HCA card.
>
> on node1 the port I want to use is port1 of Infiniband card 1
> on node2 the the port I want to use is port2 of Infiniband Card 2
>
> Is there any way to declare parameters "per host" both on a standard and
> cloned  resource?

This is possible (you can have rules for the instance attributes), *but*
it is a really bad idea for administrative reasons. It'll be a nightmare
to remember, and bite you in every single script.

It's usually a lot better to rename the ports via udev/ipaddr rules. Not
sure how to do that for IB, but it's possible for everything else.

Of course, it's even better to plug everything into the same ports ;-)
That makes working on the hardware less confusing.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA